A Step-by-Step Guide: How to Clean an Air Purifier?
An air purifier is also known as an 'air cleaner' as it helps improve the air quality of the environment by adsorbing, breaking down and transforming various air pollutants. To minimize the risk of COVID-19 inflections, working from home is an increasing trend for many businesses, and people tend to spend more time staying at home. In order to improve indoor air quality, regular cleaning of air purifiers is essential. Read this article that will help you understand more about the reasons for cleaning it, a guide to cleaning it and other potential benefits.
Why do I Need to Clean the Air Purifier?
- The accumulated air dust and particles will block the air inlets with frequent use of the air purifier.
- The blocked inlets result in reducing the purifying outcome and damaging the product
- Posing involuntary harm to human health, especially for people with allergic rhinitis or asthma
- It is necessary to have a regular cleaning to check on the HEPA filter and other filter replacement times.
- It is important for extending the air purifier’s service life and reducing spending on maintenance.
How to Clean an Air Purifier?
Take spare time to clean the air purifier monthly to keep the fresh air flowing in your house. Cleaning is not hard work if you have done plenty of research to understand the instructions.
- Read the product manual to understand the guidance and follow it step by step.
- Bring the air purifier outside the house.
- Wear a mask and a pair of gloves to prevent the dust which will spread everywhere.
- Use a clean wet cloth or vacuum cleaner to clean the surface in the first place.
- Remove the prefilter to check the filters inside.
- Clean the filters with a wet cloth or vacuum cleaner carefully.
- Replace the filters if in need and follows the manual instructions.
- Assemble the air purifier before it is completely dry.
- Check the operating condition.
How Often Should I Replace the Filters of Air Purifiers?
The core component of an air purifier is its filter layers which usually come with three to four layers. The first layer is the prefilter which is primarily working for removing larger particles such as air dust and hair. Since the prefilter will get dirty easier, the cleaning frequency is better to be once per month. It is suggested to wash the prefilter lightly by using a vacuum cleaner or wet cleaning cloth. Some prefilter is access to be washed with water but it depends on the product.
The second layer is a high-efficiency HEPA filter, HEPA works well particularly on purifying allergen in 0.3 to 20 microns, such as pollen, air dust, mites’ stuff, etc. The more particles that your HEPA can capture means the more stuff is absorbed into the filter, therefore cleaning the HEPA is vital to maintain a fresh and healthy environment in your house. Most of the HEPA filters can be washed and should be replaced every 5 years depending on the usage time. Additionally, the dust removal filter needs to be washed once per week and make sure everything is completely dry before assembly for its best performance.
- Prefilter – Every 6-month
- HEPA filter – Every 5-year
- Anti-formaldehyde - Every 2-year
*The suggestions are based on the general situation, please always read your manual and consider the usage time first before replacing them.
What Should I do After Cleaning?
- Assemble the air purifier step by step followed by the guidance and check whether it operates successfully after cleaning.
- Keep the air purifier in a sealed container when not in use and store it in a cool dry place.
Breathe Life into Your Home – Paris Rhône Air Purifier
Required the leading features of advanced three-stage filtration, extremely quiet operations, and ultra-fast purification, the Paris Rhône air purifier can create a better and more breathable home or office space, it is an ideal air cleaner for those with allergies and sensitivities.
What’s more, the model PE-AP005 is specially designed for whole home / large room air cleaning, which can circulate air in a 270 sq. ft. 5 times hourly, the indoor air will be purified with 360-degree coverage perfectly. The monitors & adjusts airflow feature is also another meticulous design that will get you informed about the air quality level indoors and clean the hazardous particles automatically when it is detected.
In terms of the filter, replacement is a major concern for air purifier maintenance, the PE-AP005 model provides the filter replacement reminder where the control panel indicator will flash to serve as a friendly reminder.
Therefore, the quality of the indoor atmosphere has been the focus all the time, since people spend more time staying at home, cleaning the air purifier regularly is significantly important to create a comfortable and fresh environment. It thus appears that the benefits not only show in human health but also in extending the product lifespan, cost-saving and even working efficiency. Thinking of upgrading your air purifier to eliminate dust, allergens, Pollen, Pet dander. Order our True HEPA H13 Air Purifier now!
Air Purifier, popular_Air Purifier