If you are bothered by problems associated with dry air, using the humidifier to control the levels of humidity to solve it by adding moisture to the air for a healthier environment. Control the levels of humidity with a humidistat. An excellent humidifier can make your home's air much more comfortable to breathe, particularly when the air becomes too dry. A model that prevents mineral dust from dispersing is preferable for your health.
1. How does a humidifier work?
Humidifiers are devices that emit water vapor or steam to increase moisture levels in the air (humidity). Ultrasonic humidifiers produce a cool mist with ultrasonic vibration. Evaporators use a fan to blow air through a wet wick, filter or belt.
2. How to figure out whether you need a Humidifier?
There are 3 situations can tell you that you need a Humidifier.
- 1.You live in a dry or arid climate.
- 2.You want to increase the moisture levels in your home’s air.
- 3.You have frequent nosebleeds or sinuses issues, or your respiratory system is aggravated by dry air.
3. What water should I put in my humidifier?
Use distilled or demineralized water: Distilled or demineralized water has less mineral content than regular tap water. These water types make your humidifier less likely to expel white mineral dust into your indoor air and less likely for that dust to invade your lungs.
4. How do I clean my humidifier?
- Step 1: Unplug, empty the humidifier and disassemble it completely.
- Step 2: Pour 1-2 cups of undiluted white vinegar into the tank, swish it around to wet the tank inside and stand for 15-20 mins.
- Step 3: Empty the tank and use a small brush to scrub crevices to remove any stuck-on mineral deposits.
- Step 4: Rinse all the parts thoroughly and air dry.For more guides and troubleshooting of TaoTronics Humidifier, Please refer to this step-by-step guide: How to Use TaoTronics Humidifier